Summer is regarded as the peak wedding season, and for good reason. Summer weddings are known for their bright colors, floaty fabrics, farm-to-table-inspired food, and lighthearted festivities. With warm weather, blossoming flowers, and plenty of theme ideas, summer is an excellent time to say “I do.”
Should you have a summer wedding?
Summer weddings in Alabama are quite popular — and why wouldn’t they be? The weather is so beautiful and the long days are a dream come true for wedding planners. If you’re planning a summer wedding in Alabama, you already know it’s a popular season for engaged couples.
Whether you marry at the beginning of the season in late June, at the conclusion in late September, or in the midst of July or August, an Alabama summer wedding date gives you plenty of possibilities to celebrate the season on your big day.
Imagine this: on a dreamy, warm Alabama summer day, you and your better half stand ready to take your vows, promising to love one another through sickness and health. The vows are heartfelt and touching, leaving your loved ones with teary eyes. The sun is shining, you’re surrounded by beautiful Mother Nature, and love fills the air.
Is summer a good time for a wedding in Alabama?
Oh, sweet summer days. If you’re wondering whether planning a summer wedding in Alabama is a good idea, the answer is a resounding yes! If you and your spouse-to-be are ready to make Alabama the sweet home (pun intended!) of your wedding, it’s a decision you won’t regret.
Alabama is an excellent place to plan an outdoor lovers’ wedding since it has a little something for everyone. With its beaches, lakes, mild weather, and vibrant towns, this often-overlooked state is an excellent location for a wedding.
If you plan a summer wedding in Alabama, you can enjoy the beautiful weather, blossoming flowers and greenery, and lovely warm-weather decor and food. More than that, summer is also a great time to build beautiful memories with your friends and family.
A warm summer wedding in Alabama begs to be held outside, so choosing the perfect venue with gorgeous surroundings is key during the planning phase. Unsurprisingly, outdoor weddings are most popular during the summer. The weather and lingering sunsets make for stunning photos, and it can be the perfect time to gather your loved ones together.
Summer wedding ideas
Looking for summer wedding ideas to make your special day stand out? We’ve got you covered with some lovely tips for summer wedding inspiration!
- Choose a warm summer palette – Through your wedding color palette, bring the warm, romantic sentiments of the “golden hour” to life. This allows the ambiance of your summer wedding to be as bright and joyous as the season itself.
- Opt for a destination wedding – Brides and grooms are increasingly skipping traditional wedding locations in favor of one-of-a-kind destinations or venues. While rustic barns, industrial urban lofts, and botanical gardens may be suitable for some, many Southern couples are looking for historic antebellum mansions for their wedding.
- Keep the dress code light – Pick a light and airy wedding dress, as well as bridesmaid dresses and outfits for your groomsmen. It’s important to be comfortable on your big day! Encourage guests to dress similarly, as you want them to be comfortable also!
- Provide shaded areas – This is an important one! Make sure your wedding venue has plenty of shady spots for guests to retreat to and cool off.
- Wear a summer-friendly hairstyle for your big day – You don’t want something that will make you uncomfortably hot on your big day in summer. Instead, we highly recommend hairstyles that allow the bride to keep her hair up to stay cool.
- Consider a rustic or garden-themed setting – Who wouldn’t want to exchange vows in the midst of an enchanting garden setting? Chic garden weddings glisten with refinement. If you’re a bride or groom who wants a natural, outdoors-focused wedding experience, consider a garden-themed wedding to reflect your new beginning and the beauty all around you.
- Plan the wedding later in the day to avoid the heat – Say “I do” at sunset — or at least beneath a canopy of old oak trees. Make sure you plan your special day later on in the day to avoid the Southern heat.
- Include personal touches – An outdoor wedding can easily be customized as a wonderful intimate event. Extra décor isn’t essential when you’re surrounded by natural beauty, but on the other hand, personal touches go a long way toward making a venue your own.
- End with a memorable finale – What better way to cap off an outdoor summer wedding than with a spectacular finale? End your wedding with a memorable send-off, such as a “tunnel” of people holding sparklers as you walk underneath!
Summer weddings in the Southeast are great for destination weddings
Alabama, well-known as the home of country music, rolling hills, and Southern hospitality, has so much to offer, owing to a lovely mix of the region’s distinct history and overflowing state pride.
Because there are so many regions to choose from in Alabama, it’s vital to know your goals as a couple when selecting a venue. For example, the only way to know for sure if a venue matches your criteria is to visit, so take a tour of areas you’re considering for your wedding.
Southern wedding destinations are ideal for residents, people with family in the region, and those planning a nearby vacation wedding alike. For couples looking for a tranquil Southern outdoor wedding venue, nothing exudes “Southern charm” like a wedding at Pursell Farms, with its gorgeous scenic surroundings in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and architectural beauty ranging from Tidewater Colonial and Greek Revival to Country-Estate.
The Hamilton Place is a picturesque state-of-the-art venue combining historic elegance with modern conveniences for your Southern wedding. Dream no longer about your perfect wedding and make it a reality at one of Alabama’s most fabulous wedding venues! Tell us about your wedding today so we can help you make it a reality!