February 24 -25, 2023
Where Culinary Masters Meet Unrivaled Southern Hospitality
Enjoy a culinary weekend complete with an incredible Meet & Greet Celebration of the South & Golf Coast Seafood Reception, dive into the next day with a Chef-Inspired Freestyle Open-Fire Lunch and LIVE music. Finally, prepare for an unforgettable evening dining experience culminating in a Wine-Paired TasteMasters Dinner Event at Hamilton Place.
Enjoy LIVE music by ‘The Divines’
Join us for the Full Experience including the Celebration of The South Reception
with the TasteMasters Overnight Package by calling (256) 208-7600
Or, Join us on Saturday only for The Lunch and the TasteMasters Dinner
Friday Evening Welcome Dinner Menu
A Celebration of The South
Available to Overnight Package Guests Only
Nibble Board / Amuse Bouche: Pig Candy, House Pickles, Pimento,
Lima Bean Hummus & Cast-Iron Cornbread
Marsh Hen Mill Grit Crisp & Country Ham Vinaigrette
Pickled Peanut Peri Peri
Saturday Evening TasteMaster Dinner Menu
STATION 1 Chef Mark LeFebvre
- (1-3 items of your choice) Taste of Yellowstone- Montana’s Best
- Butter Lettuce, pork belly, feta, chili crisp, huckleberry vinaigrette, tobacco onions
- Bison Carpaccio, espresso, verjus rouge, black garlic, golden beet chip, arugula
- Rainbow Trout, marcona almonds, yuzu, serrano, brown butter dust
STATION 2 Chef Rick Boyer
- (1-3 items of your choice) Taste of the Phoenician
- Ember Roasted Pear Salad
- Anjou Pears | Endive | Roquerfort | Citrus Chile Pecans | Smoked Soy Vin
- Tuna Tartare
- Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna | Avocado | Spicy Radish | Ginger Marinade
- Lamb Tacos
- Harissa Braised Lamb | Herb Quark | Pickles.
STATION 3 Chef Sean Butler
(1-3 Items) Featured Chef Station/Taste of Pursell Farms
- Cornbread Panzanella
- Cornbread Croutons | Charred Red Onions | Blistered Tomatoes | Roma Crunch | Pickled Bone Secure Shrimp | Buttermilk Dill Dressing
- Oysters ½ Shell
- Murder Point Oysters | Smoked Corn Sabayon | Pickled Calabrian Chilis | Cajun Caviar
- Surf & Turf
- Blackened Denver Steak | Lump Crab Popcorn Fried Rice | Corn Maque Choux
Pastry Chef Kayla
- Honey Orange Poached Pear
- Amaretto Infused Cream | Honey Orange Glaze | Poached Anjou Pear |Candied Pecans
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Bomb
- Dark Chocolate Dome | Raspberry Jam | Chocolate Amaretto Mouse | Dark Chocolate Wafer
Itinerary & Packages
The TasteMaster’s Weekend Package
Starting at $988 (plus tax and fees)
- Two night accommodations in The Inn
- Arrival Reception (LOCATION)
- FIrst Night Dinner at The Barn with Chef Sean Butler and LIVE music by Chasing Shadows
- TasteMasters Lunch
- Evening Reception and LIVE music by The Divines
- The TasteMaster’s Wine Dinner at Hamilton Place
- Breakfast buffet at Arrington at checkout
To book this package, call: (256) 208-7600
- 6:00PM – Arrival Reception at The Barn Gardenview Room with LIVE music by Chasing Shadows
- 6:30PM – Welcome Dinner with Chef Sean Butler
- 8:00AM – Breakfast at Arrington
- 12:00PM – TasteMasters Lunch (Location TBD)
- 6:00PM – Reception at Hamilton Place with LIVE music by The Divines
- 6:30PM – TasteMasters Dinner
About The 2023 TasteMasters
Executive Chef – Pursell Farms, AL
Chef Sean personifies Southern heritage cooking as evidenced by his penchant for tradition, made-from-scratch style, and passion for Southern cooking techniques such as smoking, pickling, and barbecuing. A popular and iconic Chef in the Birmingham scene for 20 years, he was Owner/Executive Chef of Revolve Kitchen & Brew when he won Iron City Chef in 2017, and Executive Chef of Food Studio B, and Eurest Dining Services. Chef Sean fell in love with food at a young age. He apprenticed under the renowned Giuliano Bugialli, the “Champion of Italian Cuisine,” in Florence, Italy, then continued his culinary education at New York’s Natural Gourmet Institute, proponents of sustainable, plant-based cooking, and The Culinary Institute of America in Napa Valley. He rejoined Chef Bugialli at Le Painer in Houston, TX; became Executive Chef at J.P. McGill followed by District Chef at Aramark Conference Centers in Colorado and Texas, and ultimately joined Eurest Dining Services which brought him to Birmingham in 2002. Quote from Sean’s Grandma Omee that he has lived by, “All a restaurant is, is an extension of your kitchen at home. Treat everyone that comes to your restaurant as family and not just a $$ and they will be with you for a lifetime.”Sean will now lead all culinary. Sean, his wife Christie and kids Brayden-16, Jocelyn-11 live in Chelsea with their family pooch, Pivot, a rescue that is a Lab/Hound/Pit mix. Sean and his Son Brayden love hitting the trails on a Mountain bike and have done quite a bit of Rock Climbing as well.
Executive Chef – The Phoenician, AZ
Experienced in the award-winning culinary operations, Chef Boyer spent part of his early career working with Chef Alessandro Stratta at the resort’s former Five Star award winning modern – French restaurant, Mary Elaine’s. During his tenure he has developed and launched new dining concepts across the resort, maintaining a legacy of food & beverage prestige.
Boyer served as Culinary Director for the Forbes Five-Star/AAA Five Diamond resort, The American Club at Destination Kohler in Kohler, Wis. While there, he led a team of 120 associates, overseeing its 12 venues as well as its banquet operations and production and demonstration kitchens. Prior to that, he spent nearly seven years at the Inn on Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C., joining the hotel as Executive Chef before taking on the additional role of Food and Beverage Director. His 25 plus -year career has also included the position of Chef de Cuisine for both 27 Ocean Blue at the Five-Star Boca Raton Resort and Club; and Wright’s at the Arizona Biltmore.
A member of The Resort Food Executive Committee and the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, Boyer received his degree from the New England Culinary Institute. In spring 2014, he served as the guest chef for the Champions Dinner at the Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club.
Executive Chef, Restaurant Consultant
Chef Mark LeFebvre, a Montana native, is an Executive Chef, Restaurant Consultant, and Culinary School Instructor with over 20 years of food and beverage experience. He was classically French trained at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. Throughout his externship and subsequent positions, Mark joined Chef Rick Boyer’s teams first at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC and then at The American Club in Kohler, Wisconsin. He considers Chef Boyer his mentor chef to this day.
Following his time in WI, Chef Mark worked as the Executive Sous Chef of Banquets for The Broadmoor Resort, Colorado Springs, CO. After nearly 10 years in Five Star, Five Diamond resorts, Chef Mark transitioned into the Executive Chef in the opening of multiple scratch restaurants, first Cerberus Brewing Co in Colorado Springs, CO and then 1889 Steaks & Spirits in Missoula, MT, both of which garnered high success.
Chef Mark has developed an expertise in the design and opening of new and innovative dining establishments. He currently owns and operates L3 Kitchens, a start-up hospitality consulting business in Missoula, MT. He is expanding his portfolio in the Missoula area while also educating future culinarians at Big Sky Culinary Institute at the University of Montana.
When he’s not elbows-deep in teaching and consulting, Chef Mark enjoys golfing, hiking, and craft food and beverages with his wonderful wife Melisa.
LIVE Music by The Divines and Chasing Shadows